5 Days Marangu Route Itinerary
Day 1 – Drive to Marangu Gate:
Register and begin Walking through the rain forest to Mandara hut (2,743 metres (8,999 ft), about 3 hours). Have meals and overnight at Mandara Hut.
After breakfast leave the forest and cross open moor land to Horombo hut (3,760 metres (12,340 ft)). Have Overnight at Horombo Hut.
You walk through moorland then alpine desert to “The Saddle” between the peaks of Mawenzi and Kibo. From here you will walk for about an hour to reach Kibo hut (4,730 metres (15,520 ft)).
Very early start for the summit on steep scree up to Gillman’s Point (5,681 metres (18,638 ft)), which is on the crater rim. Continue around the rim (which will take about two hours if you are fit) to Uhuru Peak (5,895 metres (19,341 ft)) the highest point in Africa. Descend to Kibo Hut and then down to the thicker air and relative warmth of Horombo hut.
After breakfast descend to Marangu gate, meet our driver and transfer to the Hotel.
It is recommended to climb in 6 days (add one day) for more success unless you are experienced Mountaineer.
END OF TOUR
The departure dates for all our African safaris and tours packages are
totally flexible according to your own personal needs. Please contact us
for further and more detailed information.
5 Days Trekking (Per Person) $1600
6 Days Trekking (Per Person) $1800
7 Days Trekking (Per Person) $1900
- Two nights accommodation at the Keys Hotel in Moshi (before and after the climb)
- First night includes breakfast
- Last night includes dinner & breakfast
- Return transportation from Moshi to/from the starting/finishing point on the mountain
- Qualified guides with mountain crew
- National park fees
- Hut accommodation
- Cutlery / Crockery / Eating utensils
- Rescue Fees
- Pulse oximeters
- First aid kit
- Guides, porters, cook, waiter salaries
- Boiled water on the mountain
- All meals on the mountain (breakfast, lunch & dinner)
- Guides, porters, waiter, cook accommodation and entry fees on the mountain
- Single rooms supplement at Kays Hotel (except on the 1 person rate)
- Airport transfers
- Guides, Porters, Cook & Waiters tips
- Meals and drinks not specified
- Gear for your climb
- Items of personal nature
- Additional nights beyond the two standard hotel nights included
- Emergency oxygen